Resources for deaf and hard-of-hearing
The websites below offer information about Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s), hearing loss research, sign language, hearing dogs for the deaf, and financial help for those who live in the U.S.A. If you live outside of the USA, please visit our International page.
If you would like your organization or website to be included on this page, please contact our webmaster.
How to Buy Hearing Aids
- Consumer Reports Hearing Aid Buying Guide
- Hearing Tracker Hearing Aid Reviews
- Mayo Clinic – Hearing Aids: How to Choose the Right One
If you are in need of financial aid, these organizations may help
- Olive Osmond Hearing Fund
- Lions Clubs
- National Hearing Aid Project
- Starkey Hearing Foundation
Some of our members are donating to the K R Chandrasekhar Institute of Speech and Hearing, Bangalore, India, which treats children in the field of deafness and hearing loss. For information on donating old hearing aids to this organization, please contact our webmaster.
- ADA – Americans With Disabilities Act Documents
- Addiction Treatment and Rehab for Deaf and Blind Individuals
- American Sign Language Degrees Online
- Boys Town Hospital – Hereditary Hearing Impairment Research
- BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid)
- Caption Call
- College Advice for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
- Harris Catalog – Assistive Listening Devices for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Healthline – Hearing Loss Information
- Hearing Health – The Complete Guide for Deaf & Hearing Impaired Students
- Hearing Impaired – Makes accessories and service dog supplies.
- HEARNET – Hearing Education and Awareness for Rockers
- HearStore – Solutions for Hearing Loss
- HearStore – Solutions For Tinnitus
- Lipreading.org – Offers online lipreading exercises
- Loop Finder– Find Hearing Loop Enabled Venues
- MICROBATTERY – offers a range of hearing aid batteries and cochlear implant batteries.
- Online Sign Language Dictionary
- Online Speech Pathology programs – Hearing Loss resources
- Otology Online – All about ears
- Virginia State resources for Deaf and Hard of HearingI
Service Dogs for the Hard of Hearing and Deaf
Sites with Consumer and Medical Information
- Listen-Up for information and products for the hearing impaired, including children
- Social Security Disability Resource Center
- List of State Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Programs
Other Hearing Loss Resources
There are many resources available to help folks deal effectively with their hearing loss. Here are a few of them.
- IFHOH (International Federation Hard of Hearing)
- Hearing Loss Association of America
- Association of Late Deafened Adults (ALDA)
- CordlessWorkz: Amplified phones for the hearing impaired