ALDs and Such
6 questions to ask your audiologist
- Ask them how they deal with the conflict of interest in being audiologists AND selling hearing aids.
- Ask them how they can support a "restocking fee" law that allows them to take money from a customer even though the hearing aid is returned as unusable... Does this not pay them for failure?
- Ask them why, when it is proven that the satisfactory rate difference between dispensing audiologists, certified Hearing Instrument Specilists and non-certified Hearing Instrument Specialists are negligble, that they feel they ought to be put in a higher hierarchy than the others, thus getting more money and recognition, etc.
- Ask them what the Aud degree has to do with programming hearing aids.
- Ask them their thoughts on why no one runs to the nearest audiologist to get their hearing loss amplified at the first sign of loss.
- Ask them their thoughts on the Congressional Study that shows why the government needs to get involved in the dispensing of hearing aids.