We love our conventions!
We all had a wonderful time at the 2019 SayWhatClub Convention in Sacramento, California and look forward to doing it again next year in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on August 5 – 8, 2020! For details on our Pittsburgh Con go here.
Suggestions for future conventions?
If you have a suggestion for a future convention, please let the Convention Steering Committee (CSC) know. We are currently looking for proposals for the 2021 convention site in the central or eastern regions of the U.S., and the 2022 convention site in the West. All proposals should contain the following:
- Name of location
- Why it would make a good convention site
- Transportation overview such as airports and ways to get around town
- Possible hotel suggestions
- Things to do
- Local SWC members and willingness to be a local chair
Proposals can be sent to the CSC Chair.
- Sponsorship is a wonderful way to show your support for the hearing loss community. For details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SWC 2019 Convention PARTNERS
Thank you, Sponsors, Vendors, and Providers for your generous contributions and donations, and for helping to make the 2019 SayWhatClub Convention a time of learning, inclusion and communication with friends. SWC cons are empowering and we’re glad you were a part of this year’s convention in Sacramento, California. A special “thank you” to Thomas Kauffman and OTOjOY for installing the Hearing Loop in our meeting space.
[tc-logo-slider logo_cat=”Home Page”]
SWC Convention History
Back in the mid-1990’s founding members of the SayWhatClub met online and saw the benefit of connecting with others with hearing loss. It didn’t take long to get to know one another and to talk about meeting in person. Thus, our annual SayWhatClub conventions were born.
Those first few years were more informal—1997 in Monterey, California, and a camp-out in Colorado in 1998—but the gatherings in years following became more organized and “official”. Below is a reverse chronological list of where we have gathered over the years.
- 2020 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (August 5 – 8)
- 2019 Sacramento, California – Program Book
- 2018 Saint Paul, Minnesota – Program Book
- 2017 Savannah, Georgia – Program Book
- 2016 Boise, Idaho – Program Book
- 2015 San Antonio, Texas
- 2014 Madison, Wisconsin
- 2013 Williamsburg, Virginia
- 2012: Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2011: Baltimore, Maryland
- 2010: Denver, Colorado
- 2008 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2007 Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2006 St. Louis, Missouri
- 2005 Clearwater Beach, Florida
- 2004 Bloomington, Minnesota
- 2003 Seattle, Washington
- 2002 Alexandria, Virginia
- 2002 Amsterdam, The Netherlands*
- 2001 Chicago, Illinois
- 2000 San Diego, California
- 1999 Cape May, New Jersey
*SayWhatClub’s first International get-together!
SWCers love to take pictures at the conventions! Take a look!