SWC CONVENTION History
Back in the mid-1990’s founding members of the SayWhatClub met online and saw the benefit of connecting with others with hearing loss. It didn’t take long to get to know one another and to talk about meeting in person. Thus, our annual SayWhatClub conventions were born.
Those first few years were more informal—1997 in Monterey, California, and a camp-out in Colorado in 1998—but the gatherings in years following became more organized. Below is a reverse chronological list of where we’ve gathered over the years.
- 2018 Saint Paul, Minnesota
- 2017 Savannah, Georgia – Program Book
- 2016 Boise, Idaho – Program Book
- 2015 San Antonio, Texas
- 2014 Madison, Wisconsin
- 2013 Williamsburg, Virginia
- 2012: Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2011: Baltimore, Maryland
- 2010: Denver, Colorado
- 2008 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2007 Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2006 St. Louis, Missouri
- 2005 Clearwater Beach, Florida
- 2004 Bloomington, Minnesota
- 2003 Seattle, Washington
- 2002 Alexandria, Virginia
- 2002 Amsterdam, The Netherlands*
- 2001 Chicago, Illinois
- 2000 San Diego, California
- 1999 Cape May, New Jersey
We would like to thank our 2017 sponsors for all their help and support in making our conventions a great success! A special “thank you” to Jeff Coppola & Rick Simeonoglou of the The Okonite Company for printing our program book.